Below are some common questions that have come up by our clients when inquiring about our services or process, with the answers you're looking for to those questions. If you do not find the answers to your questions below, please don't hesitate to contact us to help you.
- What area do you service? Show Answer We do work in specific areas so we can provide the best customer service to all of our clients.
If you are outside of our service area, please feel free to give the office a call. We may be able to help you locate another reputable contractor in your area.
- I need work done in my home, can you give me an estimate? Show Answer We are happy to meet with you to discuss your project! Our first meeting will be to discuss the scope of your project. During that conversation, we will determine if our services will meet your needs and see if we are good fit for one another.
Please read more about our process here.
- Do you provide free estimates? Show Answer The short answer is no. Providing a ‘free’ quote or estimate is not fair to you or to the contractor involved. We do provide you with realistic budget ranges for your specific project.
To determine the cost of any remodel project, we need to spend time carefully designing and planning the project that you want. That is the only way to provide an accurate price for each individual project. You can read more about Our Process to find out more!
- How many estimates should I get? Show Answer Many will tell you three estimates is the norm for any remodeling project. However, we believe if a home improvement contractor comes highly recommended by a trusted source, then three estimates may not be necessary.
The most important part of choosing a contractor is finding one that will best fit for you and your family, which for many of our clients is one with experience in the industry and respect for their clients. Learn more about competitive bidding here.
- Why are you asking me what my budget is? Show Answer We have spent over a quarter of a century in this business, our job is to help you see your vision become a reality. If we do not have a realistic starting point, then we cannot design a space that is within your budget. There is nothing more frustrating for you as the client to get a design back that you love and realize that it is double or triple what you have to spend.
If you have no idea where to start for budget numbers, we always suggest looking at the Cost vs. Value report. This report compares the Houston area average costs for 22 popular remodeling projects and what you can expect as a return for your investment in updating your home. Download Report here.
- Do you assist in financing? Show Answer Yes, we have partnered with Acorn Finance to bring you options. Acorn Finance makes it easy for you to find monthly payment options for your project with:
- Loan amounts up to $100,000
- Affordable monthly payment options
- Funding within 1-2 business days after approval
- No prepayment fees
See your personalized monthly payment options within minutes and without affecting your credit score here!
- Some contractors want 1/2 or 1/3 upfront. What do you require? Show Answer Included in our contract will be a very specific payment schedule tied to measurable project milestones. Typically we have a down payment due at contract signing and progress payments throughout your renovation. We understand you work hard for your money, we do too. We strive to ensure the payment schedule is fair for both parties. Our intention is to make payments comfortable for you while meeting our obligations as well.
- Do you have your own crew or use subcontractors? Show Answer The short answer is a combination of both. The advantage of working with Gambone's CHI is that we have worked with our specialized trade contractors for several years. We have built strong relationships with them and they will treat you and your home with respect. We subcontract out electrical, plumbing, air conditioning and heating work due to the special licensing required by the State. We also use specialty trades for items such as: Granite and quartz installation.
- There are so many choices design and project collections. How do I choose within my budget? Show Answer Part of what makes us a number one choice is that we guide you through the selection process. We find most of our clients appreciate professional assistance in making color, product and finish selections because we know it can be overwhelming. During the design phase of your project we listen to your likes and dislikes to help discern your style while keeping your budget in mind.
- Can we get started and design as we go? Show Answer We do not recommend working through design during construction. We prefer using fixed-price contracts that are based on specific parameters. Too many times we hear examples where homeowners were subjected to increased project costs because the initial design stage was skipped. Over the years we have learned that the best practice is to allow proper time for design prior to construction.
- How far in advance should I plan my remodel? Show Answer The sooner the better. Remodeling takes time and there are a lot of decisions to be made along the way. The sooner you contact us about your project, the sooner we can start designing and choosing products and materials for you.
We will also ask you what your timeline is and we will be honest about whether of not we can meet that timeline.
- How long will it take to design my project? Show Answer Each project that we complete is different and the time for design is usually dictated by how large or how complex the project is. During design there will also be several meetings, either by phone or in person to go over the design and select materials. Often, we are bound by the client’s responsiveness, our staffs work load, trade contractor’s timelines, and the timeline of product and material deliveries. Our typical design process can take 2-6 weeks. If you have more questions, you can look at Our Process page for additional details.
- What is a Professional Servie Agreement (PSA)? Show Answer One of the first steps beyond our initial meetings is to enter into a Professional Services Agreement (PSA). The purpose of this agreement is to provide you with valuable planning and design services while allowing the free flow of information and price analysis. Our design team will produce a design and working drawings for the purposes of finalizing pricing and contract details to remodel your home.
The services that are being used for your job will cover design and estimating time for our staff, as well as floor plans and 3D renderings. Gambone's CHI design team will also provide color and material selection services to coordinate the materials used for cabinets, counters, walls, and flooring. Upon completion of your plans and selections, we will discuss your project investment. We may also use the PSA to do any demolition and discovery prior to a project starting if we are all in agreement that there are severe structural integrity problems that are unable to be seen prior to starting a full-scale remodel.
- What if I already have plans and a design? Show Answer Working with another designer or architect prior to contacting our company is completely acceptable, we have worked with many in the past. We do recommend that you contact us so that we can also be involved in a meet and greet with the firm you have hired. Over the years we have found this helps all of us in the long run so the we can share our field experience with the designer or architect.
In most cases, if you have already designed your project and are happy with your plans, you may not need all the services that we provide. However, if you have questions, concerns, or aren’t sure if your design or plans are the right fit for you, please contact us and we can help you determine the best direction for you and your project!
- How long will my project take to complete? Show Answer Each project timeline varies depending upon the scope of work.
Areas we serve
The map below shows the specific areas we provide services for in Greater Houston. We do work in specific areas so we can provide the best customer service to all of our clients. If you are outside of our service area, please feel free to give the office a call. We may be able to help you locate another reputable contractor in your area.